8.22.2013

house hunters gone wrong

Ok... it's more like Condo / Apartment Hunters, but still. This shit is hard. I find myself saying things that I yell at my tv for when I watch HGTV. Here is the thing though, when it comes to sticking to a budget. I get it now.  Doing the math on the difference of 200/mo, it's a lot when you add it up! Tired of being broke. Anyway, this past week and a half Brad and I have been checking out a few places, because our lease is up in October and we would like to be in a two bedroom. Need more closet space for our Nikes. We viewed a condo that I am a big fan of and we have one other place to check out tomorrow night. Hopefully we will have this all figured out soon, because it stresses me out. The idea of looking for a new place seems really cool at first, until I remember I can hardly decide what I want to make for dinner, let alone make a big decision like where we should live. I dread the day I actually buy a home. 

I also have a story to tell you about our apartment hunting. It's probably not blog appropriate, but I am going to tell it anyway, because it's so funny. (heads up: if you don't find poop funny, you might want to quit reading).... 

On Sunday, Brad and I were on our 3rd apartment complex tour of the day and we were both tired of the apartment hunting. The complex itself looked pretty nice, but it was really annoying because they did not have any apartments to actually show us. Red flag number 1

The lady basically tells us that their policy is they do not show apartments until they are move in ready, which essentially means you would see them the day you move in. Uh no thanks. Red flag number 2. 

After our pointless meeting we decide to walk around the complex a little bit. We head over to the pool area that is fillllllled with children running around unsupervised being idiots wild. Red flag number 3.

This is where the story starts to get good. We stop at the restrooms before we head out.... After Brad comes out of the restroom he is so distraught. Dry heaving and gagging, just so upset. I ask him what's wrong. His answer: I just stepped in poop...... HUMAN POOP!  

Wait, what??!!?!?!?!?!?!

Oh Jesus. Not Ok. Dis.Gus.Ting.


I start dying. Can't control my laughter. He is trying to find grass to wipe his shoe off or a lighter to burn the shoe. I am still dying from laughter. 

Needless to say our experience there was ruined and even if we had fallen in love with an apartment there, we would not be getting it because Brad is scarred for life.  

Naturally Monday I spent all day sending him photos like this, and this, and this.  I am a great girlfriend.

*Also, for the record, I do not feel bad sharing this story since he updated his facebook status to tell people he stepped in people poop, so sharing it on the blog is fair game.*


Cheers to poop?!

<3 BB 


Images: 1, 2, 3,  

25 comments

kailyn said...

i cannot stop laughing. when i come visit you, i'm bring brad some fake poop!

Chasing Elephants said...

Haha I'm dying right now. Someone just asked my why I was laughing so hard at my desk...by myself!

Unknown said...

Still not sure I'm entirely over it.

henning love said...

its a great sign if the two of you are able to continue to laugh about it the next day and if he put it on facebook then you are in your right to send him photos like you did

Katie said...

i do love a good poop tale ;)

Unknown said...

That is so disgusting but funny at the same time. I would be scarred too. LOL

Tami said...

bahahahahaha. and no, i will not cheers to poop, thank you very much

Kelly Louise said...

hahahaha a lighter to burn the shoe...scarred for life.. i'm dying!! and the pix you sent haha "cool dude steps in pile of crap" BAHAHA

Life of Whimsy said...

Ahhhhh oh no!! How does that even happen?! Poor Brad.

Good luck with the dwelling hunting! It's a pain in the ass but it'll be worth it when you have more space :)

Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA!!!! I bet your super glad it was him with poop foot and not you. :)

Lauren said...

Wow. Just... no. At least he has one fewer pair of Nikes for the new closet, right?

And I am turning into a House Hunter crazy, too. We are buying (my first time!) and the things that bother me are crazy.

Helene in Between said...

ahhh SICK. that is seriosuly awful. why why why.

Rachel Sedaker said...

Why are people so gross?! That is disgusting. And hilarious.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

poop is one of my favorite subjects to talk about!! but only if it's coming out of buttholes into toilets, not if you step in it! what the hell is wrong with people?!?

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kalyn P said...

I can't stop laughing!!! That is so funny and those pictures are great. I'd do the same thing if Derek ever did anything like that!

Candace said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Candace said...

1. This story is sitcom worthy. You know that, right? Loving it.

2. I stepped in human poop inside of a liquor store bathroom IN FLIP FLOPS a few months ago and had a total freak out. Who is pooping before they get the booze in their body? What is happening? More than that, why are people pooping in/on anything but a toilet in general?

We need to start fund to stop bad poopers.

MacKensie said...

hahaha you are my favorite

Morgan said...

Aww come on a little poop never hurt anyone! haha jk maybe that's just the nurse in me. Jerett would have been scarred for life too, and I would obviously have to follow your lead and tease him too. I feel you on house hunting though, it is not nearly as glamorous as people make it out to be!

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

oh my word that is so gross!

Karoline said...

HAHAHAHAHA I am literally dying laughing from this post. it's so gros but so so so funny!

Kasey Lynne said...

excuse me while I go to the restroom to puke my brains out.

that is so foul.

Erin said...

Oh my god BARF! Who shits on the floor and doesn't clean it up? Wait no, that's not right. Who shits on the floor at all?!

Sarah :: Plucky in Love said...

AWESOME!!!

Bad Luck Jenn said...

I'm glad you made sure he updated his fb status first. and I hope you made a yelp review of this place about how friggin awful it was!!