9.11.2014

move over style me pretty

Today let's discuss more wedding and engagement talk....because my blog will obviously only be a wedding blog from now on. Move over Style Me Pretty... Oh, speaking of Style Me Pretty, check out my bestie making it on the website with her photography. So, so proud of Anne Blodgett and her photography. I am also super excited to do our engagement photos wither her.

Now let's talk about how people thought I was crazy to start looking for wedding venues less than a week after getting engaged, but it turns out I am not the crazy one, seeing how the original weekend we wanted to have our wedding next year was already booked at every venue we have looked into. October is over a year a way people. Why is it filling up so fast? Did you women start booking venues before you even had a ring? Why is wedding planning so intense?! 


Good news is our second date is available and I think we have found our venue. We haven't officially decided, but Castaway, right in downtown Portland, is looking pretty perfect for an October wedding.

Also, can we talk about how Brad's sister and her hubs sent me the cutest gift for our engagement and it is perfect for my forgetful self. Now, I can't promise Bradley that I won't forget to put my ring back on after I take it off from time to time, but at least I will know where to find it when I do.


In other wedding talk, keep the words Country and Chic out of my wedding. I don't want them anywhere near it. Rustic might even be a little too pinterest perfect for my simple, un-country taste. Don't get me wrong, I can't stop looking at Pinterest for wedding ideas and I am for sure balling on a budget here - but the last thing I want is to have my wedding look like Pinterest threw up burlap and country chic all over my special day. Some of the DIY ideas are just horrible. 

Give me modern, give me natural colors, and give me all the pretty flowers, please. Also, give me good music too! 

Speaking of good music... last weekend Bradley and I met up with a few friends for the Avett Brothers concert at Edgefield. First off, it was really nice not going alone this time. Secondly, we had the most hipster couple of all time scold us for talking during the show. Um, hello, why don't you yell at the loud children that are to your right and get out of my life. Ugh. I don't like people. 

Other than that the concert was perfection. I heart those Avett Brothers more than most. Ok, maybe not as much as Alissa and Kelsey, but I try to keep up. 



Cheers! 

<3 BB 

30 comments

kailyn said...

weeee! YAY FOR WEDDING! aaaaaand Anne making it big time!

kelsey said...

GET ON OUR LEVEL. Jk. But really. Super jealous you saw them that night, the set list was amazing!!! So glad you had a wonderful time! They're the freaking greatest.

JumpingJE said...

The cutest slip was when you said "less than a week after getting married". I think she meant engaged, folks!

Tiffany said...

The madness begins! The venue race is always tough, but glad you have some ideas in mind!

BrokeAss Bride is looking for real bride bloggers if you are interested :) You don't have to be a brokeass, just a good blogger! It's been super fun for me :)

Melissa Nicole said...

Snooklyn this is so cute <3

justmeng said...

You'll be a beautiful bride ...

Taylor Etzel said...

Brooke! I am so excited for you! I totally understand what you are going through too. We really wanted the first weekend in August of 2015 and had to book in the first week we got engaged because even though it was over a year and a half away, most of August was already booked! Now we are trying to plan the rest of the wedding from across the country, which has been super stressful! I totally understand the pinterest thing too!

Meagan said...

That's pretty insane that venues are already booked for more than a year from now.. seems kind of stressful haha but I'm glad you guys found something you like!! :)

MakeMeUpMia said...

It's kind of odd how excited I am for your wedding, as if I'll be there haha.

Tami said...

Random thought- I cannot WAIT to hear what you have on your wedding playlist. Do you know if you're using a band or a DJ?

Katie Qué said...

Love The Avett Brothers! Maybe this means you have to add I and Love and You to your wedding playlist.

I've basically made a career out of going to weddings this summer, so if you need any feedback, I'm happy to help!

Nadine said...

That elephant ring holder is the cutest thing ever! What a perfect gift :)

I am glad that you are thinking outside of the "pinterest perfect" wedding ideas floating around. It seems like everyone has the same exact wedding now and it is really REALLY over done! Natural colors and pretty flowers? Um yes!

Corie @ Life in the Mitten said...

HA those people have no idea what they're talking about ;)

We booked our venue almost 2 years in advance! Granted we were getting married on a holiday weekend so I knew from the beginning we'd have to do things far in advance. BUT I hope that venue works out :)

Hipsters -_- LOL

Kristen said...

what a cute little ring holder! i never take mine off because i would absolutely lose it :)

Jenn said...

Youre definitely not crazy. We started looking the week or so after we got engaged too, because we wanted to get married in Spring and were nervous things would be booked. We had less than a year, but everywhere we looked had our date, luckily. I'm glad you guys found a second date that will work!
I'm soooooo excited to see all of the details and plans come together!!!!

Anonymous said...

Love this because 1. KICKASS venue, lady! also 2. because thank you for not wanting a "pinterest perfect" wedding because I really didn't want to have to vom on your blog

Alissa said...

Kelsey and I haven't gone as far as yelling at people during shows, but we will hard eye roll the hell out of them. We had *terrible* people behind us in CT - THEY DESERVED EVERY NASTY LOOK.

Ugh, I'll stop.

I'm glad you had fun, and maybe someday the 3 of us will go to a show together!

Brittany said...

I had to book my wedding 14 months in advance and it wasn't for the date I had originally wanted either. C'est la vie!

Also, I'm totally okay with your blog becoming a wedding blog. For the record :)

P!nky said...

WOOOHOO for your second date being available. That's so awesome. We gave ourselves a week, but then started looking because we did everything in seven months.

Your idea sounds beautiful and so fun and natural! I can't wait to see everything! woohoo!

Ashley said...

That venue looks awesome.

I actually got married at a barn. Well...actually outside. But my reception was in a barn and i'm the least country person ever....i was like I WANT IT TO BE ELEGANT. And they were all "but....country chic." and i'm like IF THERE IS A STITCH OF BURLAP OR HAY I'M SUING! It worked out! haha...good luck:)

Kenzie Smith said...

Eek! I am loving the wedding talk ♥ The venue looks super cute. How crazy that so many were already booked up over a year in advance.. That ring holder is the cutest, and I love the meaning behind it! I couldn't help but laugh that you got shushed at the concert :D

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Seriously just share every detail of your wedding planning process I am soo excited!!!

Becky Skidmore said...

I'm cool with this becoming a wedding blog now. Especially if it's going to be a rustic country type of wedding. They're sooooo classy...

Anonymous said...

Loving the look of that venue!

Kalyn P said...

Ummm I was DEFINITELY talking to venues before I got engaged. But that's also because I knew my engagement would be VERY short (a little over 8 weeks total). So no, I don't think you're crazy. What I DO think is crazy are people who set dates without consulting venues first.... I just don't get it? What if the place you choose isn't available... do you just look until you find one that is? I don't know. I suppose the term "rustic" could be applied to my wedding, but I prefer the term "earthy" and that's how I've been describing it.

Helene in Between said...

I think it's pretty brilliant that you're already planning it out. plus it's fun (well most of the time).

Breathe Deeply and Smile said...

Congrats and apparently wedding venues book up CRAZY fast. My friend just had to have hers on a Friday with a year and a half engagement due to venues being majorly booked! Also I LOVE THE AVETT BROTHERS. I only saw them once live a few years ago pretty close up and it was amazing. I need to see them again!

Kasey Lynne said...

you KNOW you've made it when you're featured on style me pretty. man, i want to have another wedding. convincing sam starting....now! your pinterest board isn't helping either.

that elephant ring holder is the most adorable thing ever. perfect to hold your gorgeous ring ;)

Amanda Elizabeth - Meet @ the Barre said...

yeah so exciting!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations girl!!!! I was the same way...I pepper in some wedding stuff but my blog is no means a Wedding blog. You are not crazy....I waited a month and all the dates I wanted were basically gone. We are getting married on a friday because the first available saturday was like 1 1/2 away.....wtf??

Em @ gymandtonic-em.com said...

Okay so I'm definitely late to the party since I went on a little hiatus, but CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) Wedding planning is beyond stressful, but try to have fun with it! And I was soooo the same way with axing all things "country chic" NOPE NOPE. Moving along!