7.22.2012

Babbles Takes On Seattle!

Happy Sunday!

Another weekend has come and gone far too quickly.  Luckily, it was another awesome one and it is now leading into my birthday week - so you won't see me complaining!

Friday afternoon I hit up I-5 North to visit one of my favorite people and old college roomies, Rachel, to celebrate her birthday.  That night we hung out with her brother and a ton of their friends at his awesome and HUGE house up on Capital Hill.  I only knew a few people, but quickly made friends, which is always a good time. -- Make new friends, but keep the old. one is silver and the other gold? (anybody?! We Sing Sillyville?!)

After a late Friday night we spent the rest of the weekend being super low key.  This grandma is not used to being awake at 2:30 in the AM unless it happens to be because I have to pee in the middle of the night.  Good news though: I was responsible and didn't do anything crazy, so I was able to get a run in the next morning.  I always forget how hilly the Queen Anne neighborhood is, but it lead to a nice set of hills in the middle of my run, which was super needed since I ate like a 7 year old all weekend.  After living with Rachel for a year I can always expect to eat like a child when I am with her.  Pizza, Sour Patch Kids, ice cream, and shapes mac and cheese were all on the list!   


 This pic was taken pre hills.  Post hills - I was not such a happy camper.


One of the highlights of my weekend was getting to play with the cutest puppy ever:


Everyone meet, Molly!


This might have also happened: 


Puppy kisses!


After our puppy play date we headed to Laurelhurst Beach Club for the afternoon. We were able to enjoy plenty of funshine and even had a chance to take kayaks out onto the lake.  I think it was Lake Union, but it might have been Lake Washington - I always get them confused.   Sadly, there are no photos of us on the kayaks. (I do not trust myself with electronics around water)  I did, however, snap a quick pic with the iphone when we got back on land :) 


Maybe someday I will be cool enough to have a membership at a Beach Club?


After a great weekend like the one I just had up in Seattle it's always hard to force myself to drive home and get ready for another week.  BUT I am quite excited for the one coming up since it is officially my birthday week.  As much as I loved celebrating Rachel's it's time to focus all your attention on me !!!! Kidding kind of.  Not sure what is all on the agenda yet, but I know my brother and sister will be up so I plan on getting some time in with them.  It bodes well for me that I actually like my family members. Makes things a lot less awkward during get-togethers ;)

Cheers to Birthday Week! 

-BB

No comments