7.22.2013

fair shenanigans

So the majority of this weekend was spent with family at the fair! And not just any fair... THE OLD TIME FAIR in West Linn, Or. This fair is pretty much a tradition in my family, as my Grandparent's have been going to or volunteering at it with their Lion's Club for at least 50 years (I think?). 



It always falls right around my birthday too. So when I was little we would celebrate my birthday by getting to go to the fair. 



This year we took my little cousins, including my cousin Emma who turned 8 over the weekend and wanted to celebrate at the fair too. She is a girl after my own heart.



I think the rides are probably older than I am, but whatevers. They were still entertaining for the kiddos and didn't break down


My mom came up for the weekend too, so it was extra nice to spend some time with her and my sister while she was here. Also, it's ok to hate my mom a little for how tan she is. I do every.day.



My cousin, Aunt, and I even volunteered with my Grandma's Lions Club to help make Lion's Paws (aka Elephant Ears). I might have eaten one or two throughout the weekend too.


Don't worry I was very gracious when it came to the cinnamon and sugar dumped sprinkled on top. 

What kind of shenanigans did you get into this weekend?! Does anyone else love fair food?! 


<3 BB 

16 comments

westmetromommy said...

In all the years I've lived in Oregon, I've never heard of this fair! I'll have to check it out next year!

Kristen said...

I'm DYING to go to West Linn, OR. I know it sounds weird, but my favorite UFC fighter/favorite person ever, Chael Sonnen lives there & Darren & I are dying to meet him! lol. The fair looks like so much fun!

& PS- your box is going out TOMORROW! I'm SO SO SO sorry it's taken me like 728379 months to get it to you but I promise it's headed your way tomorrow :)

Lauren said...

Love the fair! And happy birthday week!

Rachel Sedaker said...

Elephant ears are the best!

henning love said...

i love going to the fair! good for your grandpa for volunteering that many years, how awesome! nothing wrong with tasting if you are helping out in my opinion ;-)

Kalyn P said...

I LIVE for the fair. I don't know what my favorite part is, the food or the (rickety old) rides. I think that's what makes them so much fun haha. MmM now I'm craving some funnel cake.

Kasey Lynne said...

Ummm 1) How the HECK is your mom so tan and 2) what are lion's paws and how have i never heard of them, especially if they're topped with cinnamon and sugar?!

This grandma definitely needs to get out more.

Tami said...

LOVE the fair and of course fair food! Who knows what the heck you're eating but it's all sahgooood

kailyn said...

nice yoga pants. now, make me a lion paw!

Unknown said...

I had such fun! Brought back wonderful memories!

JumpingJE said...

Ha-ha My fav photo is the empty twirly ride going around. Happy birthday week!!!!

Create/Enjoy (@suzannahstanley) said...

Aaaw, cute, looks so fun! Great photos, too!

A couple people at my work were volunteering at the fair, including our one Milton-eqsue employee who has been with the company for 40 YEARS. He made an announcement about it Friday. Looks like it was a good time!!

MacKensie said...

FAIR FOOD IS THE BEST! Did you have red candy apples?! Caramel ones are no bueno.

OrangeMew said...

MmmM fried bread with Cinnamon and sugar, you only had 2 the whole weekend, now that is an exercise in self control!

Bad Luck Jenn said...

I wanna gooooooo!!! And eat funnel cake. And cotton candy!

Anonymous said...

My local fair is opening in about a week and a half, I'm super excited for it! Your photos makes me crave the fair madness and experience!