8.26.2013

productivity works best with food

Guys,

Guess who had productive weekend shenanigans, while still managing to not do much at the same time?! THIS GIRL.

But first off let me introduce you to my new boyfriend. Move over Bradley.
Why yes, that's my boyfriend Ryan Gosling.  Just loving women, for the sake of feminism. My good friend Justine got me him for my birthday. Also, I must really like that Chambray shirt, because I am wearing it again this morning and that picture was taken Friday. Whatever. 

Anyway, back to my productivity. Friday I was too productive for my own good. Went and got a Physical Therapy consultation and it's official my IT Band is mad at me, so looks like I will be starting PT soon to make it feel better. 

After PT I headed over to check out an apartment. Good news is we had no gross mishaps.... we also didn't pick that apartment complex...here is the kicker though, viewing that apartment helped us solidify our decision and we know where we are going to live, which is a huge relief. So if anyone wants to help us move like the second week in October, I wouldn't hate it!

I also made Brad take me on a date Friday night.  Yeah, I am an awesome girlfriend and beg for dates.  We went and ate at some local food carts and then wandered around Alberta street, which is one of the more hipster parts of Portland and I LOVE IT (said in my best Icona Pop). We might have caved on eating paleo and shared this piece of Banana Cream Pie from Random Order. 


Good, god, that pie was delicious. Also, still trying to figure out what was going on with their bathroom mirror. It featured a fake grass mat and an itty bitty mirror. Not sure what to think of it.   




Speaking of food, this food was more paleo, which I need to write about my 60 day challenge soon. 


Made salmon on a cedar plank on Saturday and it was delish. What I didn't get a photo of though was the cedar plank engulfed in flames. Whoopsies. Might have left it unattended for a tad too long. No salmon was hurt during the process though, it still tasted wonderful. 

Other than that I studied for my CPT and enjoyed a low key weekend.  What about you guys?! 

Cheers! 

<3 BB 

18 comments

Sara Elizabeth said...

Hope PT goes well! IT band injuries are a b*tch!

henning love said...

so i propose i come up and visit you and we go eat that banana cream pie together why well just cuz it looks so yummy :-)

kailyn said...

mmmmmmmm pie looks tasty, now gimme!

Nini Kat said...

I love feminist ryan gosling. He gets me. and that salmon looks so delicious. I love making salmon in the oven because its so easy to make. And I am ultra lazy.

Life of Whimsy said...

Flaming Salmon is my fave.

Karoline said...

OH MY GOD THAT PIE. Holy yum that looks good. And there is literally nothing better than salmon. I hope your leg feels better!

Lauren said...

The fact that you shared one piece of pie is pretty amazing. But salmon is good, too...

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

Oh pie and food carts, how I love thee. I just did a day in Alberta...so much fun!

If you actually need help moving, the fella and I have a scion xB and a truck, so lots of car room :)

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

Oh pie and food carts, how I love thee. I just did a day in Alberta...so much fun!

If you actually need help moving, the fella and I have a scion xB and a truck, so lots of car room :)

Morgan said...

Ha that mirror shot, love it!

Helene in Between said...

salon on cedar plank? you fancy huh?

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

that pie needs to get in my belly NOW.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Kalyn P said...

Lurve the mirror shot and I need to start cooking fish on planks, it seems fancy.

Katie Qué said...

Are there non-hipster parts of Portland?

Kasey Lynne said...

I will come and help you move only if you'll have pie available. And maybe chips and salsa with a side of margarita.

k thanks :)

Candace said...

Ryan Gosling: Yes.
Banana Cream Pie: Yes.
Salmon On Fire: Nope. But, so glad it made it through!
Feeling Inspired To VIsit Portland: Yes.

Heather Marie said...

two things yummy... ryan and that pie :)

Bad Luck Jenn said...

that pie looks to die for! and what a weird ass bathroom!