5.29.2014

and we're gonna let it burn

Today, let's talk about the time Bradley tried to burn our entire condo down, ok?!

So here is the back story. I leave for work before Bradley every morning, but he is always up with me as I get ready even though he leaves much later than I do. After I head to work he has over an hour to kill before he leaves and does who knows what with his morning (let's be honest, he probably plays FIFA).

Anyway, one thing he always does is makes himself eggs. I would know this because he leaves the frying pan out on the stove top every day. This is an annoyance I will talk about another time.

So I get home yesterday evening and am running late to spin class. As I am running around to change and get ready for spin make a last second decision to walk into the kitchen and grab a pack of gum. This is when I realize it feels like there is a heater on in the kitchen. Side note: WE DO NOT HAVE A HEATER IN THE KITCHEN. In fact, it wasn't even that warm out yesterday so our place was quite cool...except for the oddly warm area right by our stove.

As I set my hand down next to the stove top to grab the gum, I notice that it is abnormally hot and realize that the burner is on. Better yet, the burner had been on since 7 am. I am no math genius...but I am pretty sure that is 10 hours of the burner being on!!!!!! are you kidding me, Bradley.


Not only did he leave our burner on and try and burn the house down, he also is going to jack up our bill this month!!!ughhh. Now instead of buying me something pretty he will have to pay extra for the gas bill, because you better believe I am not paying the difference for his stupidity. Unlike him I check things like burners and stoves and hair straighteners when I am done with them.


And before you tell me to give him a break...um no, no I will not. 1) this is not the first time he has left the burner on once he was done cooking things. b) are you kidding me?! He tried to burn the condo down!!! 

Let's just be thankful that nothing was near the burner and there was no fire! That would have been so tragic.

Burn by Ellie Gouding on Grooveshark

Cheers to our house not burning down!

<3 BB

29 comments

LG @ thelaurelgazette.com said...

damnit Bradley. I'd be way more pissed about not getting any fun new gifts than about the condo almost burning down, but I have a tendency to be a little greedy, and shallow. Also, I routinely leave the oven and stove on so I can't really talk trash about that. But I hear you about the frying pan. Jake makes eggs every day and leaves the crusty pan out for me to deal with. it makes me CRAZY

Erica said...

Get it together, Brad!

Aaaand Jason does the same damn thing with his egg pan errrrday. Makes me want to punch a baby. knotreally.

P!nky said...

EEEEEEEEEEEEEK! That's crazy! I've left my curling iron on one day, ooops!

And the frying pan on the stove...ugh, my husband does that all the time.

Rachel @ Love, Rachel said...

Hahaha!

Jenn said...

This happened to us one time too...only it was on OVERNIGHT! I dunno how, but it was...and it was definitely my husband's doing. Glad nothing was destroyed!

Nadine Lynn said...

Oh gosh!!!! Boys are bad about checking behind themselves. Chris has left doors unlocked before and I am always like how in the hell do you do that? I check everything about 5 times each before I leave. Good thing I leave after him!

Dont get me started about leaving dishes laying around either. GRR!

JumpingJE said...

But if it DID burn, you two could come stay with Aunt Jessi

Melissa Suggitt said...

god damn it snook!

Lauren said...

This is one of my biggest fears because my cat is indoors only and he would surely die and I COULD NOT live with that kind of guilt. It would be way more expensive for him to replace all your current pretty things if the condo burned down so he has to remember that stuff, right?

Tami said...

OMGGGG BRADLEY! (i've done this before. oops.)

Kenzie Smith said...

Oh man, glad that your condo didn't burn down! I wouldn't let him off the hook easy. I left my straightener on one time and when I realized it when we got home I panicked. Thank goodness for the heating pad that I always put it on.

Angi said...

Eesh, I'm glad your house is still standing!!!

I think that must be a guy thing, leaving frying pans on the top of the stove. My husband does the same thing every time he uses a pan.

Chasing Elephants said...

I'm Bradlyy. :( I leave stuff on by accident a lot but after getting my shit handed to me I haven't left anything on. Cross your fingers it stays that way.

Kathy @ Vodka and Soda said...

yikes! my mom did that recently too...ours is a GAS STOVE and i freaked out on her because hello? EXPLOSIONS!!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

MacKensie said...

Ooooh Bradley. Good thing he's pretty or he would be OUTTA THERE. ;)

Kelli @She Crab Soup said...

That is horrible! I would have been so mad, and the money gas costs ugh!

Kasey Lynne said...

I couldn't stop laughing at that snap last night.

only you bradley, only you.

Helene in Between said...

Ohhhh man I would FREAK out. good thing everything is ok. yeah, do not cut him any slack.

Whitney Leigh said...

ohhhh myyyy HECK, Bradley!! You would have been in sooo much trouble if you had burned the place down. Even more trouble than you're in for jacking up the utility bill...

*tip* still buy Brookelyn something pretty.

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Aaah! So glad your apartment didn't burn down!! Boys can be so stupid.

Meg Henning said...

all i can getting out of this post is that bradley should never cook eggs for himself ever again if you two want a place to come back at the end of the work day. crazy boys! sean left the oven on for hours one day but that isn't nearly as bad as an OPEN FLAME

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Pete did this before, too! No flame, but the gas was still running. I came in and immediately FREAKED THE FUCK OUT... thank god our bedroom door is kept shut b/c otherwise JC might've gotten sick from it. Men. Are idiots.

Kalyn V said...

A little ashamed to admit I have done that before. Thankfully not all night or all day because derek is pretty meticulous about going behind me. Also my straightener and curler both automatically turn off, thank the lort.

Kristen said...

ohmyeffinggod i would freak the fudge out. that is insane and so scary!

OrangeMew said...

Congratulations on the continued existence of your nonburned condo! Ha this was a fun story but I admit I have also left the oven or stove on a few occasions but I catch it when returning dishes to the kitchen sink...

Chandler said...

Thank goodness for no fire!!! And thankfully you felt the need to go into the kitchen before spin... Hooray for not having a burnt down condo :)

Kayla Moothart said...

Um... how did that turn out ok? Lucky duckies!!!!

Jess said...

My old roommate left a pan on the stove with bacon in it and fell asleep. 9+ hours later one of us woke up and found the GAS stove still on. I freaked the fuq out on him.

Michelle said...

JAMES HAS DONE THAT TOO! Several times. Thankfully I caught it not long after. I would die if I were responsible for burning the building down.