8.02.2012

The Day I Became A Legitimate Blogger!

.....NOT!!! but I did get this pretty little thing from my dear friend, Anne who takes lovely pics over here at Anne Blodgett Photography.  She upgraded her camera and let me have first dibs on purchasing her old one if I wanted and I just couldn't pass it up.  I have been wanting a nice camera for quite some time, but haven't been able to commit on such a big purchase, but this just seemed like the right opportunity!


Nikon Buddies For Life -NB4L

Look how beautiful she is.  I am still trying to think of the perfect name for her, so if you have any ideas let me know.  Now don't let these looks deceive you, she is intimidating.  I am so excited to learn about the camera and everything it does, but am a little overwhelmed when I YouTube videos and they spit out terms like ISO, shutter speed, and aperture and they just assume I know what they mean and how to change the settings!  (whoopdeedo, what does it all mean, Basil?!)  I feel like an elderly person trying to work a smartphone.  No offense, Grandma ;)  


Hopefully after some online help and tips from Annie, I will be able to take pretty photos and feature them on the blog instead of always relying on the iPhone.  As cool as instagram is, it can get a little old after a while.  Plus I want to prove Brad wrong, when he told me even if I buy this camera 90% of my pictures will still come from my phone... (I hate it when he is right, let's make a pact to not let that happen)  So.... if anyone wants to give me pointers on how to use this awesome camera feel free to get a hold of me and then we can go on photog dates.  (We can be those people that take our DSLRs out on the town and snap photos of our food and farmers markets, random buildings, pics of only half of people's faces, and whatever else hipster photographers take pics of!)


Cheers to Nikons!

BB

No comments