9.23.2012

First Day of Autumn - Hood River Style

Saturday Bradley and I decided to celebrate the first day of autumn by trekking up to Hood River.  So after a nice gym sesh we hit the road. 


Our first stop was Multnomah Falls. 



Which was super pretty.



But short lived, because I think all of Portland decided to stop there.  I don't get along very well with crowded places, so we stayed long enough to snap a few photos and then hit the road again.


When we got to Hood River we headed straight to the river to check out all of the wind and kite surfers.




It was like a little city of surfers.  


Brad took this photo and he would like his credit, so I suppose I should give it to him. 


The weather was lovely, but super windy, which was perfect for the surfers not so perfect for my hair.


He wanted you all to know that he took this one too. 

 



It was awesome to see the kites and boards up close. 




Plus they looked like dinosaurs.  




And who doesn't love that?! 




Action Shot. 




 Might have almost fell over when trying to take that photo.  I blame the wind.



Papa. Papa. Paparazzi.


After our afternoon outside, we were quite hungry so we headed over to Full Sail Brewery



The beer was yummy. 



 Brad played model for me all day.  Isn't he such a good boyfriend?! 



 Look at those pearly whites!



My bubbles!



I tried the seasonal LTD 06 and it was great.  It had hints of coffee which I am a big fan of. 



Gotta love a dark beer and scarf weather!


After dinner we headed downtown to wander around.  We stopped for ice cream at the cutest shop.  Kahlua Chip, wowza!  


 My favorite part of the entire trip might have been this purchase.
These large matches are awesome,
plus they were on sales.  Double Score!! 

Brad kept trying to give out free advice, but no one wanted it from him.  I think he scared the children more than anything.


If you're ever in HR, you should probs check out Mike's Ice Cream. It's precious and the ice cream is delish too.  


All in all, it was a great start to Fall and I can't wait to enjoy the rest of it before the rain sets in...  What did everyone else do to celebrate the beginning of the best season of the year?!


Cheers to Autumn!

<3 BB

No comments