10.11.2012

Let's Play Pretend, Shall We?

Ok, so I don't know if this is normal or not, but one of my favorite things to do is run in new neighborhoods so I can play the game let's find Brooke's dream home.  

Earlier this week I went for a lunch time run at work and ended up running in a nice area of Lake Oswego I had not been to before.  You know the kind of neighborhood where every corner is a different 'community' that has a special sign welcoming you into subdivisions with names like 'Stonybrook' and 'Rosewood'.

Anyways, since the run I have not been able to stop thinking about my 'wants' when it comes to my future home.  However, with all the excitement of owning my own space, also comes sheer panic, the oh crap, I have zero money saved, how am I ever going to afford my own place kind of panic....but we'll save that for another post.

Instead let's go back and focus on what I want in my dream home. I would love exposed brick.  It might be one of the greatest things ever. I think the design world refers to it as industrial chic whatever that means.



Yellow and Brick. Double the fun. 



Love the masculinity of the brick and the bed frame with the touch of girly in the chandelier. 



Someday I will have a lovely kitchen.



And I love how you don't have to add a lot of extra stuff when the brick is the focal point of the space.  I am not a fan of clutter. 



Side note: where can I find that cute sign?!



Seriously though, I want. 
*all images via Pinterest


Ahh, a girl can dream.  And I do... often.  I think it is a sign of getting older when my wants start to focus on  things like items in my future home, and when that happens does it become more of a need at that point?  I mean if it's for a home and such a large investment it becomes more important then right? Crosses the line from being a want item to a can't-live-without, must have need item?  Who's to say really?


Cheers to growing up!

<3 BB

1 comment

Anonymous said...

Can I visit your pretend house? Such cute ideas, Brooke!