11.11.2013

it was a weekend

Had a good weekend and all I have to show for it is this one picture from my coffee date with Jessi at Barista. I am also hoping if I put her on blast on the blog, she'll come back from her little writing hiatus ;) I we miss your face, duh. 

And even though there is no photo proof, I really did enjoy my weekend.  Not that I did anything cray-cray who are you, Brooke? No one says, that., but I celebrated my sister's birthday with my family, ran errands, had a coffee date, caught up with friends I hadn't seen in a while, and got to play with a puppy. All in all it was a good weekend. I even braved Ikea to make returns. Note to self: don't get crazy with what you think you'll use from Ikea.  You won't and then you'll have to go sit in the Ikea returns line and there will be unhappy children waiting with their parents and you'll smell the stupid cinnamon rolls, but you won't let yourself have one, because you have self control, but then you'll be sad on your drive home, because you wish you had eaten one. It's just not good for the soul. 

So yeah, that was my weekend, very shenanigan like. Sami would be proud..pause. not. 

Cheers! 

<3 BB 

23 comments

Helene in Between said...

confession: I have never been to ikea. it's like i don't know how to live.

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Whenever I have self control I always end up feeling bad for myself for like an hour afterwards. Omg that cookie would have made my life so much better...yah right!

JumpingJE said...

Never deny the cinnamon roll smell! Also, blogged. You're welcome <3 Thank you for the date!

Whitney Leigh said...

Here is my logic:

If I stand in the ikea returns line, I freaking DESERVE a stupid cinnamon roll.

Morgan said...

I have never been to Ikea, but those cinnamon rolls have me curious!!

Alyson said...

I need to head to Ikea to get some picture frames. Not looking forward to it. At. All.

Nini Kat said...

Kudos on the cinnamon roll self control!!

Jess @ Living On Sweet Tea said...

Ikea is almost as bad as target. almost.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

ikea is awesome but their lines are INSANE.

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Melissa Nicole said...

I too would like Jessi to start blogging again. I miss it!

I feel your pain about Ikea. The returns line makes it go from my favorite place on earth to the worst place on earth.

Heather Marie said...

IKEA returns, on a weekend! you are a brave girl ;)

Lauren said...

I think they must pump gas in Ikea that makes you buy lots of things you don't need. Of COURSE I need more wine glasses and coffee mugs.... and then I get home and have nowhere to put them. Jerks.

Kalyn P said...

I have only one rule in life... If there are donuts, eat the donuts. In this case it can apply to cinnamon rolls. You work to hard to cheat yourself!

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

Oh Ikea. Nearly kills me everytime. Must. stay. away.

I need to try this Barista coffeeshop you speak of. I think I've passed it before.

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

MMMMMM... cinnamonnnnn roooolllllssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!! I love/hate Ikea. It's awesome it I feel like a mouse in a damn cheese maze.

Anonymous said...

ikea is the devils playground. also, i need to go to that place with the latte art, STAT.

XO.

Kenzie Smith said...

I've never been to Ikea, but it is definitely on my to-do list :D
I love how they make the designs in the coffee!

kailyn said...

ikea is the devil, just like target.

Melissa said...

IKEA has my soul. But seriously. Is it bad that the almost hubs and I plan to visit the real IKEA in Europe to get furniture when we move to Germany? Yes? No? Pshh don't curr.

Alex[andra] said...

Totally should have gotten a cinnamon roll anyway. You deserved one for standing in that line!

Sarah said...

Whyyyy do those cinnamon rolls smell SO good?!

Kasey Lynne said...

Oh, Ikea and their dang cinnamon rolls...why do they do that to us??? It's like they want us to just buy their cinnamon rolls and get fat instead of buy their products.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

Wanna know why I didn't take any pictures this weekend?

Because I didn't do a single fricken thing.