11.07.2013

what it's like to date me

Just wanted to give you a little glimpse into the life of 'I have the pleasure of dating Brooke.' The other day I sent Brad an email asking him to make me this white chicken chili. The email went something along the lines of this:
Dear Brad, 
Please make this or I will cut you in your sleep. 
Love you. 

You know, just your standard love email letter.

Brad proceeds to go to the store the next day to buy ingredients for what I thought was this mouth watering chicken chili and I am out of my mind excited for it. We're talking salsa verde, white beans, chicken goodness here.



I might have even talked this chili up to multiple people throughout the day. I just couldn't contain my excitement. Side Note: I get easily and really emotionally tied to the prospect of good food. Sorry, not sorry. 


Fast forward to that afternoon when I ask him how the chili is going... and he informs me that he decided to make a turkey chili instead of THE WHITE CHICKEN CHILI! Hold the phone. 

Are you kidding me?! 


I might have been just a smidgen disappointed...To the point I told him he might want to sleep with one eye open and then blasted him on multiple forms of social media, including but not limited to, Twitter and Snap Chat. He said I was slandering his good name and gave me multiple excuses as to why he went with the other chili...but ultimately, I was sad and I think this situation deserved shaming.

And before you tell me to stop being irrational, they are both chili, what's the big deal? ... The big deal is they are completely different forms of chili and I had my heart set on the white chicken chili and the highlight of my day was gone forever. First World Problems.


Never mind the fact that the turkey chili he made was delicious, that is besides the point.


The point is... I still want the damn white chicken chili. He better make it for me next week.....OR ELSE. 

<3 BB 


33 comments

Kay said...

I'm confused.. I see nothing wrong with your reaction. It's white chicken chili.. There is no substitute. Get it together, Brad.

Alissa said...

"I get easily and really emotionally tied to the prospect of good food."

ME TOO, THOUGH.

I may or may not spend all day dreaming about dinner. OKAY, I DO.

Venus Trapped In Mars said...

THE NERVE. THE NEEEEERRRVVEEEEEEE. That just ain't right.

Kalyn P said...

Irrationality for the win!

kelsey said...

How dare he!!! Now, hopefully, he has learned his lesson. Public shaming is no joke!!!

Fairy Princess Jord said...

Oh my god, my boyfriend tries to pull that crazy nonsense all the time! ...Jeff I asked for spinach...and this is arugula...NOT the same thing! Does this make us crazy?!

Helene in Between said...

he better make you (and me) that white chicken chili. it's only 5 ingredients after all!! #heardofit

Unknown said...

I believe the exact wording of the email was:

"Make me this or I will cut your dick off in your sleep."

Simmer down Lorena Bobbit.

Fallon Thompson said...

You. Are. Hilarious. I'm just as crazy. Maybe crazier. If that's even possible.

› xo fal • falfindshappiness.blogspot.com

Amanda - Voyage of the MeeMee said...

Gifs make me so happy! :) So does Zack Morris.

Anonymous said...

^^^^ hahahah to Brad above me here!


I get it that you had your mind and your tastes set on something you didn't get. That's a total disappointment.

LG @ thelaurelgazette.com said...

There's truly nothing worse than unmet food expectations. also, I'm not really much of a chef but if you could please send that recipe over so the boo can get to work on it in the kitchen, that would be amazing.

Kasey Lynne said...

Hopefully he's made up for it by now :)

Sarah :: Plucky in Love said...

bwahahaha. That damn chili. Gets ya every time.

Chasing Elephants said...

I would be just as pissed as you! Except I wouldn't trust my bf to make any kind of chili.

Laura Ann said...

Hahaha! How do you always find the perfect GIFs?

5ackLunch said...

Lets just hope the next batch has some strychnine.

Kathy@MoreCoffeeLessTalky said...

hahahaah the comments are hilarious; esp from Brad. this is why i leave the bbq to my husband; other than that, i don't trust him in the kitchen!

-kathy
Vodka and Soda

Whitney Leigh said...

I was lol-ing this whole post and died when I read Brad's comment. I like you two.

Brad- you better make her that white chicken chili!

9toFit said...

hahahaha so typical for my place too

-Elise @ 9toFit.com

Chandler said...

Okay I would love some white chicken chili now.... as in I might have to make it this weekend!! But really, they are two different chilis and therefore two different things. I would have been real sad too!!!

MacKensie said...

bahahaha I knew about this chili. This was a big deal.

Morgan said...

Hahaha and this is why I love your posts! I'm super jealous of the fact that he made you dinner to begin with, but he better get it right next time (or else)!

kailyn said...

bahahaha b*rade the a-hole!

Sara Elizabeth said...

so that's what you were talking about in the snapchat video! it all makes sense now. Shame on you, Brad! :)

Anna @ A Dash of Quirky said...

Brad better watch out.

Seriously tho, you mean business. Don't eff with the chili makin.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

all this moron eats is green beans.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

all this moron eats is green beans.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

all this moron eats is green beans.

Shaylynn... a girl, a story, a blog said...

all this moron eats is green beans.

Melissa said...

That sh*t seems simple enough to get right. Men. Always meddling in things that would've been perfect otherwise.

Becky said...

That would be like looking forward to a lovely chicken fajita and then discovering - nope - beef tacos instead. Both so delicious but damn, fajitas.

Lauren said...

People get emotionally and irrationally attached to things that aren't food? Does not compute.