4.22.2013

coast on coast on coast

Anyone else wearing green in honor of Earth Day?! No, just me? cool.  Ok, that's only partly true.  I am wearing green, but it was just a coincidence that it is Earth Day or so the radio told me on my way to work... but enough about Mother Earth, she is only so cool.  Let's talk about my awesome weekend shenanigans instead! 

I spent my weekend at the coast with some dear friends of mine! 

Face Rock! Comes with a legend even. 


I played babysitter and puppysitter while the oh-so talented Anne took engagement photos for our friends that were in from Chicago :) I just know they are going to turn out great, I may even be more excited than Megan and Scott are for their photos. That's a lie.


Above is a sneak peak of the fabulousness of what is to come from Anne's session! Anne just knows how to take a great photo and puts mine to shame :) Plus, she had some adorable subjects to work with! Definitely hop over to her website and facebook to check her work out!

And now back to my pitiful attempts at photography....

Look, a light house!


The weather was great, minus the cold wind.  (However, you can only do so much complaining about the weather at the Oregon Coast though. If it's not raining, it's pretty much considered a success!)


Look, it's the light house again!

So yeah, that was pretty much my weekend.  Had to be up at 4:40am yesterday so Megan and Scott could get back to the Portland Airport and was dead bolted out of the apartment by sleeping Brad. Evidently, there were things that happened during his Man Date with a few friends that he didn't want me to come home to ;)

Oh! And most importantly, I nutted up and chopped off some of my hair! How much do I look like Elizabeth Olsen?!

I really like what my hair guy did with the did. Emmanuel aka E (that's what his friends call him and I feel like I can too, now that we bonded over Boxer Puppies yesterday?) left it at a length that it is still longish and manageable, but much healthier. Plus, he is finally getting it back to a color we are both excited about.  He has been trying to fix what my last hair person did to it months ago.  Note to all: don't die your hair dark brown and then let your hair person try and get it back to blonde in one try. It.doesn't.work. 


Cheers to Monday! 
*Also, I am choosing to be happy on this Monday because it is supposed to be sunny all week. 

<3 BB 

5 comments

a view from the front pack said...

Crap, your lighthouse pics are better than mine. #fail

Thanks for all the love, Brookie, and for all your help this weekend. Had tons of fun with everyone :)

Kristen said...

Those are some great pictures! I really need to learn how to use my camera so I can take pictures like that. & I love your hair.. I want to cut my hair, but I'm scared.. I always keep it long! ha

Heather Marie said...

what a fun weekend!! love the photo of you and the baby :) a new follower!

honeebeeblog.com

Helene said...

your hair looks great and these pictures are amazing! love it all!

Ashley @ ladyacray.blogspot.com said...

Ah we have been looking for an egagement photographer up here! I'm going to go check out that link above.

And haircuts and I have a love/hate relationship. I hate getting them, I hate cutting my hair, and I hate paying for them, but I always love how it feels in the end. It's bad :-)